Sunday, 25 August 2013

The Ease of August



Summer's endless days and laziness is replaced by August. So many wonderful things to do. My year ahead is unstructured and to benefit from that - and to not loose myself entirely to dwindling - I have set myself  3 quests:

"The World History in 100 objects"
I shall read one of the 20 chapters a week and every 2-3 weeks go to the British Museum to see said objects.

To bake a different cake once a week
This adheres to the fact that I am a direct descendant from the Baginses in the Shire, and as such possess a healthy appetite for everything good to eat -plus an adventure once in a while.

15 Nature Reserves
I live now for the 3rd time in the UK and has still only visited one of her Natural Parks. This coming year shall see me visit one new one each month - keeping to the last those most remote ones. They will take more than a weekend to visit so they shall be reserved for special occations.

Dante said in the Devine Comedy: Halfway through my life I all of a sudden found myself in the middle of a dark forest.
I did that too a while back, but have found my way out. So now is not a time for me to go search for adventures but for me to consolidate. That is such a nice word. It sounds like that which it means. And for me it means regain my space in life and fulfil my responsibilities as an Earthling anno 2013. So I aim at being a nice person and be useful in my work. These 3 Quests I have set myself is for further consolidation and growth - if they are naught but opposites. And for fun. They seem like a lot of fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment